05 December 2011

Experience New Zealand, My Way - JOURNAL


The way I experience New Zealand ...
 
Prolog
My departure - 15 May 2010
I was using Thai Airways to fly from Jakarta to Auckland with transit in Bangkok.
I got a promo ticket fare while browsing several choices of airlines which serve route to New Zealand. Thai airways has a great service – more better that what I experienced when using M*S last year.
Left Jakarta shortly after noon at 12:35 and arrived Auckland the next day at noon, it’d been another long-haul journey for me again after 14 hours flight to Europe last year.
I got seated by myself; I already reserved for a Moslem food when booked my ticket through its website – my 1st meal was at lunch consists of rice, rendang and capcay vegetables for the main dish. Side dish consists of small round bread, butter, a marble cake and fruit salad (cucumber, papaya, yam, pineapple and a sawi vegetable).
Some extra stuffs which were given also aboard - the newspaper, salty-peanut snack and a set of headphone in small purple pouch.
Transit in Bangkok;
On the departure, my transit time was around 3,5 hours inclusive of boarding time.
What I didn’t know before was that if I tried going out to the city while on transit, I would’ve gotten charged of 700 THB.
Suvarnabhumi airport was cool and provided free WiFi for 15 minutes only. Just get the password in the airport information booth; pre-registering your passport details.
On my way to Auckland;
We had to use a shuttle bus to get to the aircraft. My seat was again nice; seated in aisle with another lady by the window & empty seat between us.
Our pilot announced that our journey would be about 10 hours & 15 minutes with possibility having turbulence along the way.
My dinner was another Moslem food with rendang again. Added with prata which happened to be stiff, a shrimp salad and a very sweet pudding.
I then had so much fun watching about 3 movies in a row.
Until breakfast time came; it was the Western one with cheese-omelette, croissant and some fruits.

Finally, time to get ready for our landing in Auckland as we’re 1 hour ahead of the original schedule!

I’M IN OCEANIA!!




No comments:

Post a Comment